Re: Formal Recorded Complaint

Hi-

John Foliot wrote (on 7/30/2007 3:54 PM):

> I think you get the general thrust.  This apparent indifference and
> dismissive attitude has myself (and apparently others) concerned and
> frustrated.  This is not about "playing within the same rules", this is not
> about "technical rigor and demonstrable benefit", this is very simply about
> respect.  It's about attitude.

I would like to mention that the occasional lack of respect on this list
is not isolated to members of the accessibility community.

Microsoft (with whom I have no affiliation) has been the target of
numerous jibes, assaults, insults, and accusations bordering on calumny,
particularly in the early days of this group.  I'm amazed that they are
still participating in this Working Group, and I'm not surprised they
aren't participating more.  Sure, they're the 800-pound gorilla in the
room (which is all the more reason to keep them involved in the process)
and they are an easy target, but if the same attitude that was heaped
upon them were applied to some of the other vendors, I think people
would have a different perspective.

I would like all interest groups to be treated with respect, and that
includes vendors.  Without them, writing this spec is just an academic
exercise.

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Staff Contact, SVG, CDF, and WebAPI