Re: Formal Recorded Complaint

From: Christoph Päper <christoph.paeper@crissov.de>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 22:31:49 +0200
Cc: Sam Ruby <rubys@us.ibm.com>, Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>, John Foliot <foliot@wats.ca>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
To: W3C HTML <www-html@w3.org>

Maciej Stachowiak:

: http://krijnhoetmer.nl/irc-logs/whatwg/20070701#l-225]

> The linked IRC log in the original complaint did not even seem
> especially rude to me, for IRC.

I did not find anything rude at all. Even if there was rudeness by
other people's standards, it was directed not against disabled
people, as implied, but against people demanding /certain/ a11y
techniques, this coming from people pushing /different/ ones, not /
none/ -- as I read it. That's perfectly normal human behaviour,
albeit not very gentlemanly.

On the contrary, I consider it a little bit rude to do a large,
public cross-post on such a "formal" matter and without giving any
detail or specific accusations.

Sincerely,

     Christoph Päper