Re: XHTML2.0 - transclusion

From: Jakub Dabrowski <jakubdab@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 11:32:36 +0200
To: www-html@w3.org
2007/1/24, David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>:

> That would probably leave a relatively small community of transclusion
> enthusiasts.  However, I suspect, as enthusiasts, they would probably
> be using open source browsers, so could easily disable the restrictions,
> at least as far as use within the community was concerned.

In my opinion - preventing people from deep linking and other stuff is
because added content is never signed with "autor", "source".
I think partial translusion with <object> specified in XHTML 2 or later
gives the chance of changing something in current state.
Please do not treat my proposal as way of adding restrictions! I only want
and need simple mechanism for transcluding content and signing it which ALSO
can be used for other purposes. If you don't like idea of explicit
permissions - just say it. We can choose what we want to implement.

Regards,
Jakub