Re: [XHTML 2.0] Only one emphasis tag

From: Patrick H. Lauke <redux@splintered.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 00:21:12 +0000
To: www-html@w3.org

John M. Black wrote:
> In principle I
> might argue that the "strength" of a particular element is not
> something that should be defined in html attributes at all.

However, I'd argue that the "strength" in this case influences the
meaning/content, hence should be part of the document's markup, and not
rely on styling alone. It would also be a lot more elegant than
requiring nesting to achieve positive increments, and gives an
interesting way out for removing <small> (presentational) without the
need to reinvent another element for this purpose.

Patrick H. Lauke
http://redux.deviantart.com
http://webstandards.org/