Re: open page in new tab

From: Jens Meiert <jens.meiert@erde3.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 18:22:10 +0100
Cc: www-html@w3.org
To: tgkprog@gmail.com

> Hello , is there an element to open a page in a new tab? if not who can
> I write to get it included in the future?

Apologies when I overlooked a similar reply: CSS 3 will likely provide a mechanism for that by the “target” property [1] (à la “target: tab;”). And while tests do indeed show that opening new windows/tabs is usually NOT advisable (if not related to certain document types [2]), using CSS will certainly be more appropriate than any HTML or scripting solution.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-hyperlinks/#the-target
[2] http://www.useit.com/alertbox/open_new_windows.html

--
Jens Meiert