Re: open page in new tab

From: Rob Mientjes <robmientjes@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 16:52:19 +0100
To: "Tushar Kapila" <tgkprog@gmail.com>
Cc: www-html@w3.org

On Dec 23, 2007 1:19 AM, Tushar Kapila <tgkprog@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello , is there an element to open a page in a new tab? if not who can I
> write to get it included in the future?

There is none, for good reasons (likewise re: new windows). The way a
linked element opens is user behaviour and should not be dictated by
the content. If Tony McUserpants likes to open every new page in a new
window (I actually know a few people who turn off tabs, for their own
good reasons), allow him to.

This is not a freedom you can convince anyone of that it should be limited.

Happy holidays,
Rob.