Re: Tag to disable unwanted features?

From: David Woolley <forums@david-woolley.me.uk>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 12:28:49 +0100
To: www-html@w3.org

Lincoln Yeoh wrote:

> The browser and website creators definitely need a bit more help from

I think you mean internet based multimedia application engine creators,
rather than browser creators, and I think they already know what areas
would have to be blocked (although to produce a really secure program, I
think they would have to switch to alternative code for the unsafe
sections, as one of the problems is the sheer complexity of the code).
However, I think they also realise that...

Website creators really do not care about security, because most of the
unsafe areas relate to the very gimmicks they want to use to produce
flashy sites (they may also want to work round things like anti-popup
measures, and thus explicitly breach security features!).

--
David Woolley