Re: Tag to disable unwanted features?

At 03:30 PM 8/10/2007, David Woolley wrote:

>Lincoln Yeoh wrote:
>
>>Say you run a site (webmail, myspace (remember the worm?), bbs etc) that
>
>Another issue with this is that you are encouraging people to relax
>their guard on this sort of site.  If the site contains untrusted
>content, they should already be disabling unsafe features (although
>of course they don't and the site owners often rely on that!)

1) From my observation most people don't keep up any "guard" at all
to relax in the first place.

2) In the real world, many sites require things like javascript
enabled just to even get _links_ to work. So this allows the site to
enable javascript for their content, and help increase the odds of it
being disabled for 3rd party content. It will be harder to get them
to disable javascript, than to get them to add a tag or two.

Regards,
Link.