Re: Semicolon after entities

From: Tina Holmboe <tina@greytower.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 23:34:52 +0200 (CEST)
To: Geoffrey Sneddon <foolistbar@googlemail.com>
cc: www-html@w3.org

On 30 Apr, Geoffrey Sneddon wrote:

>>   Much markup on the web today /is/ poor. We /do not/ fix that by
>>   redefining reality to make it /good/.
>
> What use is a specification if nobody can actually use it in the real
> world?

  What use is a specification which simply rubberstamp all the bad
  practice from a decade of poor authorship?

  We already HAVE one of those. How about we try to make HTML 5 /better/
  than what came before?

  (Hint: I don't think the WA1 draft is a good starting-point with which
   to achieve that.)
--
 -       Tina Holmboe                           Greytower Technologies
       tina@greytower.net                      http://www.greytower.net