Re: Semicolon after entities

From: David Woolley <forums@david-woolley.me.uk>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 21:23:32 +0100
To: www-html@w3.org

Lachlan Hunt wrote:

> Tina Holmboe wrote:
>>
>>  Can you enumerate the features that /cannot/ be implemented?
>
> There are many, but ok.

Most of the list /can/ be implemented.  I believe what Tina was asking
was which features of HTML cannot be implemented because they are either
theoretically impossible (self contradictory, halting problem, etc.) or
because they would have performance problems, or an inordinately high
implementation cost.

I'm sure she knows that the majority of web sites would break if used
with a user agent that fully validated against the specification.

(I suspect that she was not putting a high priority on the features that
are only implied by the formal SGML definition, rather than the narrative.)