Re: Semicolon after entities

On  1 May, Lachlan Hunt wrote:

>>  While admitting that, will you still stand by the philosophy that
>>  the most reasonable behaviour should be based on *what existing
>>  browsers do*?
>
> Yes.  Any behaviour we define has to be compatible with the existing
> content on the web, much of which relies on such behaviour.  This
> doesn't mean we need to document every single bug in every browser.
> We need to define a common set

  A common set of /bugs/ with which new standards/browsers should be
  compliant? Did I understand you correctly?

  Regardless, I have two follow-up questions:

   - If we are going to make the HTML 5 specification compliant with
     what browsers support and/or DO today, instead of changing UAs to
     /follow/ the spec, then how does this process differ from what
     happened with HTML 3.2?

   - Is this the official policy of the W3C? The answer "Join, and see"
     will not be very useful, sorry.

--
 -       Tina Holmboe                           Greytower Technologies
       tina@greytower.net                      http://www.greytower.net