Re: HTML5 script start tag should select appropriate content model according to src

From: David Woolley <forums@david-woolley.me.uk>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 22:15:40 +0100
To: www-html@w3.org

Tina Holmboe wrote:

>   There is not now, nor has there EVER been, a legitimate use case for
>   the I or B elements in HTML.

I think that depends on what you see the purpose of HTML to be.  I think
you and I, and I believe TBL, have a higher view in that it is to help
people to communicate, but I don't think that that is what the WHATWG's
constituency wants.  They do want a presentational language, and they
are in the vast majority.

Unfortunately, the average HTML author sees semantic markup as ivory
towerism.