Re: HTML5 script start tag should select appropriate content model according to src

On Apr 23, 2007, at 19:47, Philip Taylor (Webmaster) wrote:

> Surely what matters is not whether "the spec" (meaning the
> WHATWG "spec") is shaped to Tina's (or Patrick's, or my) liking,
> but rather whether the specification for the next iteration of HTML
> will be so shaped.

The best bet is that WHATWG draft will be shaped into the next
iteration of HTML even from the W3C point of view.

> And if that is true, then this (W3C) list is surely the right place
> for that debate to take place,

Actually, it isn't at all clear if this list is the right place for
anything in particular anymore.

As late as February, this list was the public feedback list for the
XHTML 2.0 WG when the main list of the XHTML 2.0 WG was secret. It
isn't clear how the work of the XHTML 2.0 WG moving to a publicly
visible list changes this.

For HTML5, assuming that the new HTML WG accepts the WHATWG draft as
the starting point, the public list for those who have jumped through
the patent policy hoops will be public-html. For those who haven't
jumped through the patent policy hoops, the WHATWG list is already
established instead of this one. After all, the new HTML WG had
existed for about a month, IIRC, until it occurred to anyone to
announce it here. It was announced immediately upon decloaking on the
WHATWG list.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi