Re: HTML5 script start tag should select appropriate content model according to src

On Apr 23, 2007, at 16:47, Tina Holmboe wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 11:22:02AM +0300, Henri Sivonen wrote:
>
>>>  Unless I am very much mistaken, the URI you reference is not titled
>>>  "HTML 5" but rather "Web Applications 1.0",
>>
>> HTML5 consists of the Web Applications 1.0 and the Web Forms 2.0
>> specs. The latter will be integrated into the former in due course.
>
>   Don't you mean that "HTML5 may, in the future, consist of ... "?

I mean that what is commonly referred to as "HTML5" consists of Web
Applications 1.0 and Web Forms 2.0. (If you disagree about "commonly
referred to", please Google it.)

>>>  and lack W3C, ISO or ECMA credentials.
>>
>> http://diveintomark.org/archives/2006/08/23/overton-window
>
>   It /still/ lacks the credentials of a standarization organization,

I much prefer the approach where implementors come together and
technical merits and running code matter over official standards
organization credentials.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi