Re: Number, Date, Time, Quantity

From: Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@x-port.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 13:02:17 +0100
To: XHTML-Liste <www-html@w3.org>

> There are interesting applications that can be built on top of
> *explicit* semantics.

You've reminded me of a conversation that I had with Lisa Seaman a few
years ago, where she pointed out that the notion of "accessibility"
should be a broader concept than it currently is; it should include,
for example, assisting people who might have learning difficulties to
better understand what they are reading. This is much easier to do if,
as you say, we provide "explicit semantics".

Mark Birbeck
x-port.net Ltd.

e: Mark.Birbeck@x-port.net
t: +44 (0) 20 7689 9232