Re: XHTML 1.0, section C14

On Mon, Nov 20, 2006 at 05:00:35PM +0100, Johannes Koch wrote:

> I read something between the lines, "If you have a style element in your
> XHTML document, and you want to make it compatible with an HTML and a
> somewhat generic XML renderer, then use an xml-stylesheet PI referencing
> the style element's id."

That's the interpretation I'd put on it BUT ...

 * Why is that in the HTML compatibility guidelines and not an
appendix for generic XML parser compatibility guidelines?

 * Doesn't it contradict the advice of C1?

 * Why <style> but not <link>?

 * Why do authors have to read "between the lines" of a specification?