Re: About XHTML2 and IE7

From: David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 13:54:34 +0000
To: www-html@w3.org

On Mon, Nov 13, 2006 at 08:38:44AM -0500, Jasper Magick wrote:
> With Microsoft's decision not to support application/xhtml+xml (even
> after promising they would, those fools)

When did they promise that? The only mention I've seen of XHTML from
Microsoft has been a note that they wouldn't be supporting it in IE7
(and that was many months ago).

>  will XHTML 2.0 be harder to "promote".

Not really.

XHTML 2.0 isn't exactly compatible with XHTML 1.x, so it would require
major changes in the browser either way.

Not supporting XHTML 1.0 at this time might even be an advantage for
Microsoft as it may allow them to develop a strategy for dealing with
XHTML 1.x and 2.0 without having to be backwards compatible with
whatever methods they would have used for 1.x.