Re: Suggestion: http request bundle

Doug,

Interesting idea. It may cross over with some of the web app packaging
work that is being mooted.

I don't know if you are aware, but another factor that makes your
technique desirable is that it seems browsers are only supposed to
send 2 requests at a time to HTTP servers. RFC 2616, section 8.1.4
says this:

  "Clients that use persistent connections SHOULD limit the number of
   simultaneous connections that they maintain to a given server. A
   single-user client SHOULD NOT maintain more than 2 connections with
   any server or proxy."

which, implies that each subsequent request by the browser will be
blocked until one of the two that are 'in progress' has completed.
Looking at the way browsers behave in relation to this, file size
seems to be a far less significant factor on performance than the
number of files referred to.

Regards,

Mark

--