xhtml m12n schema missing element definitions?

From: Benoit Maisonny <benoit@synclude.com>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 15:56:55 +0200
To: www-html@w3.org

In the latest version of XHTML Modularization[1] in XML Schema, most
XHTML elements are not defined. Those that are defined are not at the
global level. However, these global definitions used to exist in the
previous version[2].

For instance, I expected to find a global definition for caption:
<xs:element name="caption" type="xhtml.caption.type"/>
so that it can be reused in custom elements. Currently, it is only
defined as part of the xs:group xhtml.table.content.

As another example, I expected to find a global definition for table:
<xs:element name="table" type="xhtml.table.type"/>

Also, the revision number of schema modules available on the W3C Web
site are older versions than those available in the latest version. For
example, the file "xhtml-basic-table-1.xsd" has the following revision
sand dates:

- 1.2 2005/09/26 22:54:53 in
- 1.1 2003/12/17 03:09:17 in

Problem is, the example file "myml-modules-1.xsd", provided in the
latest Proposed Recommendation compressed package refers to the Web site

Finally, according to oXygen, the example "myml-1_0.xsd" is not valid
(even after replacing the Web references to local ones), notably because
of missing element declarations such as table.

Am I missing something? Are we supposed to define those elements in our
driver schema?

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-modularization/
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-xhtml-modularization-20040218/

Benoit Maisonny                benoit@synclude.com