Re: The right usage of tags

From: Mihai Sucan <mihai.sucan@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 19:21:58 +0300
To: "Edward Lass" <elass@goer.state.ny.us>, www-html@w3.org

Le Wed, 29 Mar 2006 18:52:17 +0300, Edward Lass <elass@goer.state.ny.us> a
écrit:

> All those words mean quotation? Gosh, and as a native English speaker, I
> thought the <cite/> element was confusing for a different reason:

Uhm... it's a bit ... weird. I don't know the subtle differences between
quote and cite. I natively speak Romanian.

Reading the Meriam Webster definitions of the two words, I get the
"impression" they are almost the same (synonims). As in Romanian, there's
no perfect synonimy. So, being a native English speaker, you should know
the exact differences. If the majority of native English speakers agree,
then you are all right. Simple. The confusion might have arised "thanks
to" speakers of other languages.

--
http://www.robodesign.ro
ROBO Design - We bring you the future