note element in XHTML 2.0

From: Bruce D'Arcus <bdarcus@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 21:24:08 +0000
To: www-html@w3.org

I've not followed the development of XHTML 2.0 much, but looking at the
spec there is one missing semantic structure I think would be quite
valuable: note.

This would fill the role of a footnote or endnote structure common in
print-oriented formats. Indeed, people are already adopting workarounds
to implement something like this with XHTML 1.0 and CSS, but it's
hardly ideal. I'd rather be able to just do <note>Some note.</note>
inline and style it with CSS, a la lists.

Bruce