Re: [XHTML] @show on <a/>

On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 05:15:56 +0100, Orion Adrian <orion.adrian@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Better would be rel="external site"; rel="alternate media"; or some
> other meaningful values that would allow the user through the UA to
> produce meaningful logic (e.g. if it's a link to another site, keep it
> in the window; if it's an enlarged version of the same content, open
> in a popup).

I agree that this is a better solution than adding a new attribute,
although the value should -- if it consists of several words -- be
hyphenated and not contain spaces. Spaces usually separates several
different values in attributes (think of the 'class' attribute for
instance).

So it should be 'rel="external-site"', 'rel="alternate-media"' etc.
Infact, the values 'alternate' and 'related' exists already, and their
semantics could probably be defined for this use in HTML. See
<http://www.iana.org/assignments/link-relations>.

--
Asbjørn Ulsberg     -=|=-    http://virtuelvis.com/quark/