Re: Re: [XHTML 2.0] emphesis

From: Tina Holmboe <tina@greytower.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 16:19:47 +0200 (CEST)
To: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Cc: www-html@w3.org

On 23 Jun, David Woolley wrote:

>>   the CSS class name.
>
> class is not a CSS class name.  That's a common misunderstanding and
> leads to class=red, as it becomes viewed as presentational.

  And one I strive to avoid making. Mea culpa.

> It should still be a sub-classing of the semantics.  One is in a
> halfway house, where the sub-classing is not universal, but in a

  I disagree. Semantic interpretation should be associated with
  elements, not attribute values- IMHO, but I would hope that isn't
  needed.

--
 -     Tina Holmboe                    Greytower Technologies (UK) Ltd.
   tina@greytower.co.uk                  http://www.greytower.co.uk