Re: Problem in publishing multilingual HTML document on web in UTF-8 encoding

From: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 20:09:48 +1000
To: "आशीष शुक्ला \"Wah Java !!\"" <wahjava@gmail.com>

आशीष शुक्ला "Wah Java !!" wrote:
> So, the problem I encountered is similar to the above problem, where
> I'm hosting a website on a webserver, where I don't have any right to
> influence HTTP headers.

Many people assume they have no control over the HTTP headers, but in
reality, it's often just a matter of not knowing how to do so.  If your
host is using Apache, you can very likely change the headers using a
.htaccess file.  Look up AddDefaultCharset or AddCharset directives in
the Apache docs.  If you're not using Apache, look up the documentation
for whatever server you are using.

If your using a server side scripting language like ASP, PHP, JSP, etc.
then such languages include a way to set appropriate headers.

If you really have no control over the HTTP headers, than complain to
your host and/or switch to a better provider.  In any case, this thread
is getting way off-topic for www-html.

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/