Re: xhtml 2.0 noscript

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 23:18:54 +0100 (BST)
To: www-html@w3.org

> Using handlers, your method of working is different: you provide the
> initial content, and then modify it with DOM access methods, rather than
> using document.write. As a result, you don't need a method of providing
> <noscript> content.

I think you have an unrealistically optimistic view of commercial web
designers.  If they switch to XHTML 2 (they probably shouldn't, but
probably will, because it will be the new fashion), they will continue
to design for scripted use only and only reluctantly tweak the page
when told it needs to work without scripting.