Re: html validation: exactly what is it good for?

From: Spartanicus <spartanicus.3@ntlworld.ie>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 08:54:52 +0100
To: www-html@w3.org

"Navjot Pawera" <navjotpawera@gmail.com> wrote:

[on validation]

>Just to put practical reasons that might make sense to you:
>1. valid code would mean you test in lesser browsers
>2. valid code would mean your website works in future versions as well
>3. valid code would mean your website is accessible by maximum set of users
>over the internet (consider that missing out on even 1% of the users would
>effectively mean closing doors to millions of users everyday)
>4. valid code would mean internet bots/spiders know how to read your website
>properly

Abject nonsense on every single point.

Some clues for the OP:
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/html/validation.html

Btw, I'd consider this question off topic here. Please take this
discussion to an appropriate place like the
comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html newsgroup, follow-up set.

--
Spartanicus

(email whitelist in use, non list-server mail will not be seen)