Re: Identifying end tags

From: Philip TAYLOR <P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk>
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 14:02:01 +0100
To: David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk>
CC: www-html@w3.org

David Dorward wrote:

> CSS Zen Garden is well known as an example of what not to do with
> markup. It has excessive, redundent divs and classes in order to make
> it as flexible as possible to change with style sheets.

May I suggest a paraphrase of that paragraph ?

CSS Zen Garden is felt by some to be an example of what not to do with
markup. In their opinion, it has excessive, redundant divs and classes
in order to make it as flexible as possible to change with style sheets.
Others disagree, arguing that the DIVs and classes can hardly be
redundant if they are required in order to accomplish the desired
flexibility : there is by no means universal agreement on this topic.

Philip Taylor