Re: [XHTML2] Scope of XHTML2 (PR#7760)

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006, Shane McCarron wrote:

> Jim,

Jim?

> The working group disagrees that this definition needs to be any tighter
> - it is a high level, abstract introduction; not a normative conformance
> requirement.

This does not satisfy my request.

Given the current text, I can't tell what the scope of this specification
is. This is a problem for conformance to the QA Spec Guidelines, and with
good reason: it makes it impossible to properly review this proposed spec.

What kind of "documents" does XHTML2 attempt to address?

What "wide range of purposes" is it intended to address?

Is http://maps.google.com/ within the realm of intended applications?

Is http://www.voidwars.com/ within the realm of intended applications?

How about http://waronline.net/ or http://fslactivities.sd61.bc.ca/editez/?

Please clarify the scope of the XHTML2 specification so that it can be
properly reviewed.