Re: content type for XHTML fragments

Garret Wilson <garret@globalmentor.com> wrote:

Don't post in HTML, plain text only please. Corrected this once.

Please also note that people on a mailing list can be assumed to read
the actual mailing list, hence it's rather irritating to get replies
once in one's inbox, and again via the list.

>>>What content type should we use for XHTML fragments?

>>As long as the application that processes the fragments handles it
>>properly it shouldn't matter, as these fragments should never be
>>accessible in other ways.
>>
>>I'd use text/plain

>Thanks, but that's not a full solution---how does the application (the
>Wiki, the newsfeed---whatever) know whether to process and interpret
>tags?

I assumed that the application *includes* the fragments, not parse them.
You need to explain further if that isn't the case.

--
Spartanicus