Re: content type for XHTML fragments

If it were me....  I would include a DOCTYPE and ensure that the
fragment was actually legal xml (the example below is not).  Somehting like:

<!DOCTYPE p
     PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"

And use a content type of application/xml-external-parsed-entity.  Then my parser can look at the DOCTYPE
if it chooses, but no one will think that it is actually XHTML.