Re: The xhtml:onkeypress architecture

From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 10:22:26 +0200
To: W3C HTML <www-html@w3.org>

> * Steven Pemberton wrote:
>> Modularization certainly does serve a purpose, for instance keeping a
>> handle on different language profiles, such as XHTML Basic, Print and
>> 1.1, and documenting extension points to ease the process of
>> combining
>> different schemas, as Masayasu Ishikawa demonstrated in his
>> XHTML+MathML+SVG profile (http://www.w3.org/TR/
>> XHTMLplusMathMLplusSVG/),
>> therefore making it easier to define extensions (or contractions)
>> to XHTML.

I may be totally missing the point, but how does the Modularization
make creating modified DTDs/schemas easier than duplicating a
monolithic DTD/schema and adding or removing stuff?

It appears that subsetters may want to subset in ways different from
those that were not recommended by the HTML WG anyway:
http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0071.html#profile-text

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi