Re: Why profile="" allows only one URI

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:

>   You remember our discussion around HTML Tidy's lack of support for
> multiple URIs in the HTML profile="" attribute. I'm happy to tell you
> the HTML Working Group resolved the problem in the XHTML M12N 1.1 PR by
> further prohibiting multiple URIs

It's pretty funny that the only errata that the HTML WG are releasing are
errata that contradict HTML5 proposals...

For the record, in the HTML5 proposal, profile="" takes multiple URIs, in
order to allow the use of multiple profiles, something which is quite
common in microformat circles. (Sadly, even more common in microformat
circles is to not specify profile="" at all, but that's another story.)