Question about XHTML 2.0 and content type

From: magick <jasper.magick@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 18:30:11 +0000
To: www-html@w3.org

Will XHTML 2.0 *have* to be sent as "application/xhtml+xml" (or one of
the other XML content types) or will it be allowed to be sent as
"text/html"?

The main reason I'm asking this, is because after doing some tests I
realized that Google Adsense will not display on any page sending out
"application/xhtml+xml" as the content type.  Which would mean loss of
revune.

I'm very interested in using XHTML 2.0 when it is finished and a doctype
is made for it, but I'd prefer to use "text/html" if I can.

So just wondering if the rules will be the same as XHTML 1.0 in which
it's allowed for websites to send the document as "text/html" as long as
certain compatibility guidelines are followed.  Or if the rules will be
the same as XHTML 1.1 in which "text/html" is in violation of the
specification, and you can only use "application/xhtml+xml" as the
content type.