Fwd: RE: XHTML Print & DTDs

Can anybody answer my question below.. Thank you! =)

katrina maramba <ka3na_423@yahoo.com> wrote:
  Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 21:08:32 -0800 (PST)
From: katrina maramba <ka3na_423@yahoo.com>
To: david@us-lot.org
CC: www-html@w3.org
Subject: RE: XHTML Print & DTDs

David Dorward <david@us-lot.org> wrote:     Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 09:58:29 +0000
From: David Dorward <david@us-lot.org>
To: katrina maramba <ka3na_423@yahoo.com>
CC: www-html@w3.org
Subject: XHTML Print & DTDs

> 4. As I stated, it is stated in the XHTML-Print spec that the DTD that
> should be used is xhtml-print10.dtd. What happens when the user
> specifies a different DTD (Strict, Transitional, Frameset)?

Then it won't be an XHTML-Print document :)

  But that wouldn't be a fatal error, would it?  Printers should still process this kind of document?

  I have gathered a number of (supposed-to-be) XHTML-Print data from Nokia and Samsung cellphones.  The DTD specified in both cellphone-generated XHTML-Print files is xhtml1-strict.dtd.  They were accepted and printed in HP printers.

  Here is an example.  I got this from Samsung and the MIME header stated that it is XHTML-Print but its DTD is strict.  Please take a look.

  Any help and comment would be appreciated.
  Thank you!