Re: how is this Strict valid?

From: Tina Holmboe <tina@greytower.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 14:56:49 +0100 (CET)
To: www-html@w3.org

On 22 Dec, Jasper Magick wrote:

> I thought NAME was replaced by ID in Strict doctypes, making NAME no
> longer valid?

  NAME (name) as a fragment identifier is deprecated in XHTML, not in
  HTML; and still valid for use with form controls.

> Also couldn't you have archived the same effect with less code if you
> did this:
>
> <h2 class="newsHeading" id="news">News</h2>

  Yes. Some UAs won't handle that very well, however, but you could.

--
 -       Tina Holmboe                           Greytower Technologies
       tina@greytower.net                      http://www.greytower.net