Re: Re: xhtml2

From: Orion Adrian <orion.adrian@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 17:36:01 -0400

On 8/10/06, David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> > On 8/10/06, Mike Whitehurst <*@mike-whitehurst.co.uk> wrote:
> > >

> > > sorry for being new, but i need to ask, what do we need section elements
> > > for? don't we seperate sections by sub-headings?
> > >

> > My guess is that sections encapsulate their content and thus make it
>
> There has been a general trend to eliminate delimiter elements from
> HTML.  <p> changed from being a delimiter to a container a long time ago.
>
> One of the advantages of containers is that you can style their contents,
> using even quite basic CSS features.

Separator is a container or at least it should be. It just happens to contain

~~~

or

* * *

etc.

So in my mind it's replaced content where the content it's replacing
is very rarely specified - just like images.

So if you want to make everybody happy (exaggeration I know), then
make the model of separator

<separator>Text</separator>

Heck you could even use images and other block content.

--

Orion Adrian