Re: Re: xhtml2

From: Peter Krantz <peter.krantz@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 16:39:52 +0200
To: www-html@w3.org

On 8/10/06, Mike Whitehurst <*@mike-whitehurst.co.uk> wrote:

> i'm not liking section .. it reminds me of divitis. i want to make my page
> as light as possible.
>
> separator = hr ... pointless

hr indicates a _horizontal_ rule. A separator is a better word as it
may not always be horizontal.

> so that's at least 4 pointless tags. i'm not happy. i'm ready to bin this
> document and start over.
>
> lets just leave things as they are k? it all works fine.

Mike, I suggest you read the design aims of XHTML 2 here:

http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml2/introduction.html#aims

XHTML2 is a much richer format that fits nicely with the semantic web.
XHTML1 has many drawbacks for people who want to express more
semantics in their documents.

For me, XHTML2 is a great format that does exactly what it says: "[a]
general purpose markup language designed for representing documents
for a wide range of purposes across the World Wide Web".

Regards,

Peter