Re: More comment on section and h

From: Jim Jewett <jimjjewett@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 20:08:30 -0400
To: "David Woolley" <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Cc: www-html@w3.org

On 8/9/06, David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> > A section element and the corresponding header have no hierarchical
> > relationship... They are siblings. That means it is impossible in an

> I hadn't read the source document on this, so I kept out of the
> recent h/section debate.  However, I would certainly have thought
> the natural structure was h within section, not h before section,
> and at least one contributor to that thread seems to have assumed
> that that was the case.

It makes sense, but earlier html4 headers aren't part of the the div.

Earlier drafts suggested that headers applied to the following
section, and the examples still suggest this.

    http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-xhtml2-20060726/mod-structural.html#sec_8.8.

multiple headers per section, each preceding a single block-level element.

-jJ