Support of Browsers Re: xhtml2

Le 8 août 06 à 19:07, David Dorward a écrit :
> Onand I want to use it in my own little project.  But for doing that I
>> need a browser that do support xhtml2.  Do you know of any ?
>
> I'm pretty sure there aren't any.

That's interesting.
What would be a browser which supports XHTML 2.0?

I think the valuable support should be on the side of search engines
and authoring tools, more than browsers (there is a need for support
too, don't make me wrong.)

Browsers are interested more by functionnal features (like a link or
an accessibility feature). They are pretty much agnostic with regards
to the semantics. Maybe there is a good opportunity to separate what
are the things which require an action from a (desktop/mobile)
browser and those which do not.

Defining the [classes of products][1][2] help to know what you have
to implement and what you can consider but not necessary have to
implement in a functionnal way.
	Example:
	There's a "cite" element in the page, which has been used hopefully
in a conformant manner of the specification, but in my browser I
don't necessary need to do anything with it on the renderer part. CSS
being more important here.
	if the "cite" element has an "href" attribute , then for the browser
there's a need to implement a possible action.

So basically there aren't any for now, but there is an interesting
question about how to implement for each class of products. Maybe it
would help the implementers a bit.

[1]: http://www.w3.org/TR/qaframe-spec/#implement-principle
[2]: http://www.w3.org/TR/spec-variability/#spec-cat-cop

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/