Re: XHTML Applications and XML Processors [was Re: xhtml 2.0 noscript]

"Orion Adrian" <orion.adrian@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Allowing the author to provide a
> required attribute is a way of making indeterministic code
> deterministic as long as the author specifies the right code.

It's just as easy for the programmer to write code differently, or move the
location of the script element, which are much better solutions as they work
in todays browsers so we don't have chicken/egg problems.

>> Nope, the problem is other scripts, which you've not changed, so the
>> problem
>> of interopability hasn't changed.
>
> Could you be more specific here. Could you give a scenario where a
> script would run incorrectly when given proper dependency information
> (i.e. the proposed required attribute)?

it's the reliance on the "proper", you've not defined what scripts do which
are not using proper dependency information, so we're actually in no
different situation in that respect, you're still saying "if programmers
write theie code properly, there's no problem", we already have that...

Jim.