Re: XHTML Applications and XML Processors [was Re: xhtml 2.0 noscript]

From: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 13:04:16 +0100
To: www-html@w3.org

"Orion Adrian" <orion.adrian@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:abd6c8010608030446h34428894racf0124cb58bc175@mail.gmail.com...
> This adds interoperability, speed and safety at the cost of increased
> complexity and some additional verboseness.

I don't actually see how it adds interopability, speed or safety, as you're
not defining what happens if the script does things outside of the
"required-content" ID, that is still undefined, just as it is now, so it is
still the responsibility of the author to ensure that the content they're
trying to modify exists, nothing has changed but you now have even more more
complicated thing for the vendors to create.

Jim.