Re: Flexible table/grid

I know there was one guy who wrote a toolkit (using css and javascript)
to do a similar kind of thing. I don't now how similar it is to
GtkIconView because I've never used GTK, but it looked like it was well
coded and I believe it was released under the LGPL too. Unfortunatly I
can't remember who it was or what it was called.

As David said HTML was designed primarily for documents and not
applications. There are tools like the dojo toolkit that can help you
mimic that behavior.