Fw: [dsdl-discuss] Re: NVDL and XHTML+XForms

From: <EB2M-MRT@asahi-net.or.jp>
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2005 19:17:56 +0900
To: www-html@w3.org

Forwarded by MURATA Makoto <murata@hokkaido.email.ne.jp>
 From:    "Martin Bryan" <martin@is-thought.co.uk>
 To:      <dsdl-discuss@dsdl.org>,
 Cc:      <dsdl-discuss@dsdl.org>
 Date:    Fri, 4 Nov 2005 20:01:34 -0000
 Subject: [dsdl-discuss] Re: NVDL and XHTML+XForms

> I thought that <trigger> of NVDL is good enough for XHTML+XForms
> even when they share the same namespace URI.  However, I might
> have been too optimistic.
> Consider an XForms subtree <select1> embededded in an XHTML document.
> In my understanding, another XHTML subtree <p> may be embedded in this
> XForms subtree.   (Am I right?)

That's my understanding - a single form can be in multiple parts within a
single HTML document.
> Then, we have to specify "p" using the trigger element of NVDL so that
> we can extract the embedded <p> and validate it against the XHTML
> schema.  However, another <p> may appear dicretly below the <body>
> element of the XHTML document.  Such <p> will be mistakenly detached
> from the top-level XHTML, although it should not.
> We can overcome this problem by slightly extending the trigger element
> of NVDL.  For example, we can allow a <trigger> to specify a list of
> qualified names.  This <trigger> element detach an element from its
> parent element when (1) the qualified name of this element is in this
> list and (2) the qualified tag name of the parent element is NOT in
> this list.  However, the use of different namespaces for different
> vocabularies is a much better solution.

Can you let us have an example of this new functionality so we can see how
it works in context?

DSDL members discussion list

To unsubscribe, please send a message with the
command  "unsubscribe" to dsdl-discuss-request@dsdl.org

MURATA Makoto <murata@hokkaido.email.ne.jp>