Re: separator abuse

Elements and rules are abused when there isn't an easier way to do
what you want to do within the language.

Tables were ab used because at first there wasn't a good positioning
system and later because CSS positioning hurts.

In the above, separator hurts because there isn't an appropriate
grouping mechanism as there is in every operating system. That's why
it's abused. I program every day and I can tell you that there are
days that I try and coax controls into whatever behavior I can if
there isn't a control already out there. I, like may people, follow
the path of least resistence.

Separator needs to stay, but we clearly also need other tools.