Re: About the new 2.0 tags

From: Rob Mientjes <robmientjes@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 11:06:05 +0200
To: "dagobah1@optonline.net" <dagobah1@optonline.net>
Cc: www-html@w3.org

On 5/27/05, dagobah1@optonline.net <dagobah1@optonline.net> wrote:

> With all the news tags you plan on adding (<l>, <seperator>, etc.) how
> do you expect current browsers to render the new tags?
> Normally, tags have to be coded INTO the browser by the browser creator
> (ex. microsoft, mozilla, opera, etc.).

That is indeed the expectation one should have were one to release a
specification, but...

> How are current browsers suppost to read XHTML 2.0 correctly?  This
> looks like something only future browsers could handle, which would
> cause a problem.

... one can't progress if one keeps looking back. Sometimes it's just
not the thing to be backwards compatible, for progression dies
painfully. Somewhere I do think that your software should always be
the latest version, and though that's unrealistic, it _is_ how
everyone builds sites and specifications.
--
Cheers,
Rob.

http://zooibaai.nl/ | http://digital-proof.org/