Re: XHTML2 <style> questions

Mark Birbeck wrote:
>> So the semantics of the SRC attribute depend on the media type of
>> the content they embed and the element they are applied upon?
>>
>> Ugh!
>
> No...the opposite. The semantics of @src are always the same (to
> embed an object) but the real advantage is that the semantics of the
> *element* are unchanged by the presence of @src [1]. For example:

What I wanted to know was what the difference is between embedding a
style sheet and a simple graphic. Or perhaps embedding a script through
the SRC attribute.

Will the style sheet and or script read? Will the fallback content also
be shown? What is the scope of the style sheet and script in for example:

  <h src="foo.css">Samples</h>

  <h src="foo.js">Samples</h>

... et cetera. Clearly, that is not the same as just showing an image if
the browser is supposed to do something with the script and style sheet
and therefore I was wondering if the MIME type of the embedded object
was significant.

(Same applies to <h src="foo.exe">, <h src="foo.doc">, <h
src="foo.pdf">, et cetera I guess.)

Regards,

Anne

--