Re: CSS Positioning

From: Andras Kende <andras@kende.com>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 05:46:17 -0500 (CDT)
To: "www-html@w3.org" <www-html@w3.org>

I'm developing a system of html elements positioning according to their
coordinates. Let's say the browser window is a form and elements are
Everything was cool until I started developing a container for the element.
The problem is that if I use <DIV> as a container positioning is not working
as I expect. So the question is how one can position elements inside the
absolutely positioned element
...first {
  position: absolute;
  top: 100px;
  left: 100px;
...second {
  position: absolute;
  top: 100px;
  left: 300px;
...third {
  position: absolute;
  top: 10px;
  left: 10px;

 Is not working as expected.

How do you want to position it?

Here is your file:

Since ..third is inside the the other div,
absolute static relative positioning don't make much difference.

Andras Kende