Re: why, e.g., input/@checked="checked" ?

From: Robert Koberg <rob@koberg.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 18:27:29 -0800
To: Andrew Clover <and-w3@doxdesk.com>
CC: www-html@w3.org

Andrew Clover wrote:

> Robert Koberg <rob@koberg.com> wrote:
>
>> I understand that. I was asking why.
>

> HTML (as standardised) adopted an existing idiom for flags. Attribute
> minimisation is gone in XML, but the legacy remains (and must do for UA
> compatibility).

One last thing (I promise :). While it might be true that templating
languages should accomodate the reality of the more predominate XHTML, I
doubt any will...

Since it really seems to be a flaw in XHTML (xml accomodating sgml and
legacy apps), what argument would convince them to change? Especially
since most would give a rat's ass to accomodate XML.

best,
-Rob