Re: No-click links

From: Barry <wassercrats@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 16:38:43 -0500
To: <www-html@w3.org>

> The rel= attribute can be used to indicate this sub-class of link.

I can't figure out if W3C has much to do with defining new link types.

6.12 Link types   http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/types.html#type-links :
"Authors may use the following recognized link types, listed here with their
conventional interpretations...Authors may wish to define additional link
types not described in this specification."

Do "conventional interpretations" determine what becomes a "recognized" link
type? I don't know if I'd need to aim my new-link-type argument here or at
Google.

It's no big deal to me anyway. I just figured I'd tell someone my idea.