Re: why, e.g., input/@checked="checked" ?

From: Robert Koberg <rob@koberg.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 08:49:15 -0800
To: www-html@w3.org

David Dorward wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 26, 2005 at 07:34:20AM -0800, Robert Koberg wrote:
>

>>I understand that. I was asking why.
>>
>>What I am trying to say is that it makes generating XHTML output
>>clumsy/redundant because a source XML used in an XSL transformation
>

> HTML was designed before XML, XSLT and XHTML were, so it didn't take
> into consideration any design implications it would cause for them.

right. If there is not a good reason for this I was hoping it could be
changed in some future version. I included a smiley in my original post
when asking that, because I think I know the answer -- but hey, its the
weekend :)

Attribute minimazation in SGML markup is just a boolean, so my
suggestion is to set it to true/false or yes/no.

best,
-Rob